Dr Liam Grealy
Senior Research Officer
PhD, University of Sydney, 2013; Bachelor of Arts (Hons.), University of Sydney, 2008
Liam Grealy is Senior Research Officer on the Healthy Home Evaluation and Monitoring project (0.6FTE). This project is focused on the Northern Territory Government’s Healthy Homes program, including new approaches to preventive repairs and maintenance work in remote housing.
Liam trained in gender and cultural studies at the University of Sydney, where he has worked in the Housing for Health Incubator (2018–). In that context, Liam’s research concerns housing and infrastructure policy in regional and remote Australia and southeast Louisiana, where he was a visiting research scholar at Louisiana State University (2018-2020).
Liam’s ongoing research draws on several collaborations. He is a founder of Infrastructural Inequalities, a member of the Affirmative Feminist Boys Studies group, and a member of the Northern Territory Climate Justice Steering Committee. Ongoing research projects also concern water and energy policy in northern and central Australia, boys and boyhood, and higher degree research supervision.
- Healthy Homes Evaluation and Monitoring
- Grealy, L. (2021). Governing disassembly in Indigenous housing. Housing Studies, 38(9), 1-20. doi: 10.1080/02673037.2021.1882662
- Grealy, L. (2021). Using genre to understand healthy housing provisions. International Journal Of Housing Policy, 1-23. doi: 10.1080/19491247.2021.1946636
- Grealy, L., & Lea, T. (2021). Housing waste in remote Indigenous Australia. In Fiona Allon, Ruth Barcan and Karma Eddison-Cogan (Eds.), The Temporalities of Waste: Out of Sight, Out of Time, 75-86. London: Routledge
- Howey, K., & Grealy, L. (2021). Drinking water security: the neglected dimension of Australian water reform. Australasian Journal Of Water Resources, 1-10. doi: 10.1080/13241583.2021.1917098
- Grealy, L., Bell, J., & Bretherton, R. (2021). 'I'd make some bloody changes': A Bird's Eye View of Women's Incarceration. Infrastructural Inequalities, (2).
- Grealy, L., & Howey, K. (2020). Securing supply: governing drinking water in the Northern Territory. Australian Geographer, 51(3), 341-360. doi: 10.1080/00049182.2020.1786945
- McConnell, A., Grealy, L., & Lea, T. (2020). Policy success for whom? A framework for analysis. Policy Sciences, 53(4), 589-608. doi: 10.1007/s11077-020-09406-y
- Grealy, L., Driscoll, C., & Cather, K. (2020). A history of age-based film classification in Japan. Japan Forum, 1-26. doi: 10.1080/09555803.2020.1778058
- Grealy, L., Driscoll, C. & A. Hickey-Moody (eds). 2018. Youth, Technology, Governance, Experience: Adults Understanding Young People. London & New York: Routledge.
- Grealy, L. (2017). Paperless Arrests as Preventive Detention: Motion and Documentation in the Governance of Indigenous Peoples of Australia. Sites: A Journal Of Social Anthropology And Cultural Studies, 14(1). doi: 10.11157/sites-vol14iss1id361