Dr. Dev Tilakaratne
Honorary Clinical Fellow
FACD, The Australasian College of Dermatologists, 2015; MBBS, James Cook University, 2008
Darwin – Royal Darwin Hospital
Dr. Dev Tilakaratne is a dermatologist who wants to improve access to quality dermatologic care for the people of regional Australia. He is Clinical Lead in Dermatology at the Royal Darwin Hospital. He also established Darwin Dermatology in 2016, where he provides private dermatologic care. He is Co-Founder of the award-winning, nationwide, Teledermatology service, Dermo Direct and Co-Founder of the Diagnode Telehealth platform, creating bespoke telehealth arrangements for individual clinics.
Being passionate about research and education, he routinely provides formal lectures to medical students of the NT Medical Program and supervises a full-time accredited Dermatology registrar. He has been published in Australian and overseas journals. He also reviews articles for the Australasian Journal of Dermatology.
Currently, Dr. Dev Tilakaratne is the Principal Investigator for a Phase II study investigating the role of a novel treatment for scabies.
- Engelman, D., Yoshizumi, J., Hay, R. J., Osti, M., Micali, G., Norton, S., Walton, S., Boralevi, F., Bernigaud, C., Bowen, A. C., Chang, A. Y., Chosidow, O., Estrada-Chavez, G., Feldmeier, H., Ishii, N., Lacarrubba, F., Mahé, A., Maurer, T., Mahdi, M., Murdoch, M. E., … Fuller, L. C. (2020). The 2020 International Alliance for the Control of Scabies Consensus Criteria for the Diagnosis of Scabies. The British journal of dermatology, 183(5), 808–820. https://doi.org/10.1111/bjd.18943
- Felmingham, C., & Tilakaratne, D. (2020). Overdiagnosis of scabies and overprescribing of scabies treatment in a scabies-endemic region. The Australian journal of rural health, 28(4), 394–398. https://doi.org/10.1111/ajr.12636
- Thomas, L., Howarth, T., & Tilakaratne, D. (2020). Comparison of Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus in Indigenous and Non-Indigenous Patients at a Regional Centre in Australia. The Australasian journal of dermatology, 61(3), 291–292. https://doi.org/10.1111/ajd.13281
- Warren, L. J., Tilakaratne, D., & Seth, R. (2017). Neonatal tinea corporis. The Medical journal of Australia, 207(8), 324. https://doi.org/10.5694/mja17.00599
- Tilakaratne, D., Ryan, E., & Pearce, A. (2016). Concurrent pyoderma gangrenosum and infection with Scedosporium apiospermum. The Australasian journal of dermatology, 57(2), e46–e48. https://doi.org/10.1111/ajd.12302
- Ma, J., Chatfield, M. D., Campbell, K., & Tilakaratne, D. (2019). A follow-up of sunscreen use and sun-protection practices in Darwin: a cross-sectional survey. Australian and New Zealand journal of public health, 43(6), 589–590. https://doi.org/10.1111/1753-6405.12924
- Tilakaratne, D., & Sidhu, S. (2015). Heavy metal (monoclonal) bands: a link between cutaneous T-cell lymphoma and contact allergy to potassium dichromate, nickel and cobalt?. The Australasian journal of dermatology, 56(1), 59–63. https://doi.org/10.1111/ajd.12182
- Tilakaratne, D., Warren, L., & Menz, J. (2016). A casemix study of patients seen by a dermatology trainee in rural and urban outpatient settings. The Australasian journal of dermatology, 57(1), 33–38. https://doi.org/10.1111/ajd.12273