Dr Rishu Thakur
PhD (Microbiology) CSIR-Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology, India, 2017 MSc (Microbiology) 2009 BSc (Microbiology) 2007 GNDU, India
Rishu Thakur is a Microbiologist. She joined Menzies in Sep 2022 and has been working on climate change projects.
Prior joining to Menzies, She has done her PhD on “Diversity analysis and selection of stress tolerant PGPR for plant growth promotions”. She has over 7 years of research experience in experiment designing, qualitative and quantitative analysis, molecular characterisation, diversity analysis, complete genome sequencing, and statistical analysis. She has made a tangible contribution in the selection of highly efficient and abiotic stress-tolerant rhizobacteria. She has previously served as Project Assistant and Research Fellow to different research projects and collaborated with several research institutes for multi-locational field trials, submission and identification of novel microorganisms. She also has valuable experience of soil sample collection from rural and remote areas.
- Air in Alice
- Gulati, A., Sood, S., Rahi, P., Thakur, R., Chauhan, S. and Chawla, I nee Chadha. (2011). Diversity analysis of diazotrophic bacteria associated with the roots of tea (Camellia sinensis (L.) O. Kuntze). Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology 21(6): 545-555.
- Sharma, S.K., Atri, N.S., Thakur, R. and Gulati A. (2014). Taxonomy and compositional analysis of two new for science medicinal mushroom taxa from India. International Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms 16(6): 593–603.
- Kiran, S., Swarnkar, M.K., Pal, M., Thakur, R., Tewari, R., Singh A.K. and Gulati A. (2015). Complete genome sequencing of a protease producing novel Arthrobacter sp. strain IHBB 11108 using PacBio single molecule real time sequencing technology. Genome Announcements 3(2): e00346-15.
- Pal, M., Swarnkar, M.K., Thakur, R., Kiran, S., Chhibber, S., Singh, A.K. and Gulati A. (2015). Complete genome sequence of Paenibacillus sp. strain IHBB 10380 using PacBio single molecule real time sequencing technology. Genome Announcements 3(2): e00356-15.
- Gulati, A., Sawarnkar, M.S., Rahi, P., Vyas, P., Thakur, R., Thakur, N. and Singh A.K. (2015). Complete genome sequence of the rhizobacterium Pseudomonas trivialis strain IHB B 745 with multiple plant growth promoting activities and tolerance to desiccation and alkalinity. Genome Announcements 3(5) e00943-15.
- Wani, S.J., Shaikh, S.S., Tabassum, B., Thakur, R., Gulati, R., Sayyed, R.Z. (2016). Stenotrophomonas sp. RZS 7, a novel PHB degrader isolated from plastic contaminated soil in Shahada, Maharashtra, Western India. 3 Biotech 6(2): 179.
- Thakur, R., Sharma, K.C., Gulati, A., Sud, R.K., and Gulati, A. (2017). Stresstolerant Viridibacillus arenosi strain IHB B 7171 from tea rhizosphere as a potential broad-spectrum microbial inoculant. Indian Journal of Microbiology 57 (2)
- Wani, S.J., Shaikh, S.S., Tabassum, B., Thakur, R., Gulati, R., Sayyed, R.Z. (2018). Production, purification and kinetics of chitinase of Stenotrophomonas maltophilia isolated from rhizospheric soil. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology 56(4):274-278.