Dr Edith Waugh
Master of Medicine (Perioperative Medicine), Monash University, 2018; Fellowship of Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists, 2011; Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, James Cook University, 2006; Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, University of Melbourne, 2000;
Edith is a Specialist Anaesthetist and Clinical Lead for Perioperative Medicine at Royal Darwin Hospital. She is completing a PhD evaluating the impact of modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors on perioperative outcomes in the Northern Territory, and is supported by a Commonwealth Research Training Program Scholarship. Her interests include Indigenous health and the adaptation of perioperative models of care to local populations and environments.
- Perioperative Outcomes in First Nations Australians
- Perioperative Outcomes in patients with diabetes mellitus in the Northern Territory
- Perioperative Outcomes in patients with chronic kidney disease in the Northern Territory
- Perioperative Outcomes – qualitative study of remote Aboriginal patient expectation of postoperative outcomes in the Northern Territory
- BEYOND REASON NT - feasibility study – observational cohort study of perioperative outcomes in the Northern Territory