Master of Economics, University of Indonesia, 2016; Bachelor of Public Health, University of Indonesia, 2014
Ery received his bachelor’s degree in public health and master’s degree in economics from the University of Indonesia. His research interests include tuberculosis, HIV, Maternal and Neonatal Health (MNH), and malaria. In his previous roles, he has provided technical assistance in health financing to the Government of Indonesia.
Ery’s current research is focused on the value of time losses. He is also leading the cost-effectiveness analysis for the EFFectiveness Of novel approaches to Radical cure with Tafenoquine and primaquine (EFFORT) trial. His PhD research is supervised by Dr Angela Devine and A/Prof Kamala Ley-Thriemer.
- Methods for valuing productivity losses and application to the evaluation of the cost-effectiveness of novel strategies for malaria radical cure
- This research project includes a range of methods including a systematic review, a scoping review, data analyses, and a cost-effectiveness analysis (CEA). The systematic and scoping reviews aim to provide guidance in valuing productivity losses in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). Methods identified through these reviews will be compared in a subsequent cost-effectiveness analysis. Data from the national health insurance (NHI) in Indonesia will be analysed to evaluate the risk of haemolytic events and their associated cost. For the first time, health related quality of life (HRQoL) data is being collected and analysed alongside the EFFORT trial. These will be used in a CEA in order to inform which radical cure treatment strategy will provide the most value for money in a range of endemic countries.
- Nadjib M, Dewi RK, Setiawan E, Miko TY, Putri S, Hadisoemarto PF, et al. (2022) Cost and affordability of scaling up tuberculosis diagnosis using Xpert MTB/RIF testing in West Java, Indonesia. PLoS ONE 17(3): e0264912. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0264912
- Mulder C, Rupert S, Setiawan E, et al Budgetary impact of using BPaL for treating extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis BMJ Global Health 2022;7:e007182. (http://dx.doi.org/10. 1136/bmjgh-2021-007182)
- Setiawan, E., Nurjannah, N., Komaryani, K. et al. Utilization patterns of healthcare facility and estimated expenditure of PLHIV care under the Indonesian National Health Insurance Scheme in 2018. BMC Health Serv Res 22, 97 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-021-07434-9
- Pan, H., K. Ward, D. Stein, E. Setiawan, and A. Dutta. 2021. The Impact of COVID-19 on Subnational Government Financing and Household Financial Risk Protection in Indonesia. Washington, DC: Palladium, Health Policy Plus. http://www.healthpolicyplus.com/ns/pubs/18492-18889_HPIndonesiaCOVID.pdf
- Dutta, A., K. Ward, E. Setiawan, and S. Prabhakaran. 2020. Fiscal Space for Health in Indonesia: Public Sector Opportunities and Constraints in Achieving the Goals of Indonesia’s Mid-Term Development Plan (RPJMN) 2020–2024. Jakarta: Kementerian PPN/Bappenas. http://www.healthpolicyplus.com/ns/pubs/18470-18848_HPIndonesiaFSAreport.pdf
- Ali, P.B., D.A. Solikha, E. Setiawan, M. Nadjib, F. Hafidz, N. Thalagala, E. Lang, A. Dutta, R. Silva, C. Cantelmo, and D. Stein. 2020. Cost to Achieve Indonesia’s Mid-Term Development Plan (RPJMN) 2020-2024 Targets: A Primary Healthcare Costing Approach Using the OneHealth Tool. Jakarta: Ministry of National Development Planning/National Development Planning Agency. http://www.healthpolicyplus.com/ns/pubs/18471-18876_RPJMNCostingReport.pdf
- Siobhan Botwright, Anna-Lea Kahn, Raymond Hutubessy, Patrick Lydon, Joseph Biey, Abdoul Karim Sidibe, Ibrahima Diarra, Mardiati Nadjib, Auliya A. Suwantika, Ery Setiawan, Rachel Archer, Debra Kristensen, Marion Menozzi-Arnaud, Ado Mpia Bwaka, Jason M. Mwenda, Birgitte K. Giersing. How can we evaluate the potential of innovative vaccine products and technologies in resource constrained settings? A total systems effectiveness (TSE) approach to decision-making. 2020. Vaccine:X. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvacx.2020.100078
- Setiawan, Ery; Soehoed, Ratna; Stein, Dorit. Legal and Regulatory Review to Support Strategic Health Purchasing for HIV in Indonesia. 2020. Health Policy Plus. http://www.healthpolicyplus.com/ns/pubs/18446-18809_IndoHIVLegalReviewBrief.pdf
- Wee, Hyeseung., Dartanto, Teguh., Jo, Changik., Setiawan, Ery., Kim, Yanghee. KSP Consultation Report – Supporting Social Health Insurance Indonesia. 2020.