Menzies' mobile HealthLAB, uses the latest health technology to measure participants’ health and inform them about the impacts of smoking, alcohol misuse and diet, which can increase the risk of major chronic diseases such as diabetes, cancer, kidney disease, obesity and cardiovascular disease.
With the assistance of a team of health professionals and scientists, HealthLAB challenges participants to become experts in their own health and demonstrates how lifestyle choices can impact their future health.
Be sure to download the HealthLAB app from the iTunes Store before you commence!
When | Wednesday, August 16 2017. 1:00pm to 4:00pm
Where | Bowali Visitors Centre, Kakadu Highway, Jabiru, NT, 0886
Who | Open to the public
Cost | This is a free event.
All stations are facilitated by trained staff who include dieticians, doctors, nurses, scientists and trained students who give participants the opportunity of an individual experience.
The stations include:
- Blood Pressure- an opportunity to discuss healthy lifestyle choices related to exercise and diet.
- Haemoglobin levels -an opportunity to discuss healthy diet and its importance to health.
- Grip Strength – an activity which measures upper body strength
- Bio Impedance machine – which measures fat/muscle/bone ratios and explores healthy weight ranges. This station is run by HealthLAB’s dietician and participants can ask questions and explore ways to make positive choices for a healthier diet.
- Sugar display- which shows the amount of sugar in common drinks.
- Smokerlyser – which measures smoke exposure to individuals including smokers.
- Ultra sound machine – an opportunity for participants to see the inner workings of their bodies looking at organs and blood flow.