Menzies HealthLAB is celebrating 10 years in the Territory!
HealthLAB is a co-designed, educational, interactive, mobile, pop up laboratory where participants can take their own health measures and learn what they mean for their current and future health.
Over its 10 years there have been over 14,000 HealthLAB participants including more than 5000 people from 23 remote towns and communities.
HealthLAB stations include:
- Healthy Heart
- Ultrasound viewing of organs
- Healthy Eating
- Healthy Kidneys
- Healthy Babies
- No More Smokes
- Healthy Brain
- The HealthLAB Time Machine
And more! Just ask us.
What we do:
- A school program across the Territory
- A community program across the Territory
- Collaborative HealthLABs with ACCHOs, NGOs, NT Government, and others
- Training including a Digital Badge in Health Communication
- Youth4Youth HealthLABs
- To increase awareness in the community about the health consequences of lifestyle choices made today on their later personal health and the health of their children yet to be born.
- To change behaviours linked to smoking, alcohol, physical activity and nutrition.
- To improve the health and wellbeing of the population and in the long term, to decrease the adult onset of chronic disease and improve the health of the next generation.
Bookings for HealthLAB are available; email us to find out more.
Check out our Facebook page here: @menzieshealthlab