Human Research Ethics Committee of the NT Departments of Health and Menzies School of Health Research
Application closing dates and meeting dates 2023
- For all researchers: Please notify NTHREC@menzies.edu.au two to three weeks before the submission date if you intend to lodge an application (Title of study and name of Principal Investigator)
- If notification of intention to lodge an application has not been received at least two weeks before the submission date, the application will not be accepted and will be transferred to the next month. Please contact HREC admin for out of session options for lower risk studies.
- For Menzies researchers only: Organisational signoff for Menzies applications should be obtained a week before the submission date. This consists of signature from the Division Head and the Director delegate (currently Heidi.Smith-Vaughan@menzies.edu.au)
NT HREC Meeting Dates 2023
|Submission Closing Date
|Qualitative Ethics Sub-Committee Meeting
|Aboriginal Ethics Sub-Committee Meeting
|Human Research Ethics Committee Meeting
|25 January||8 February||9 February||15 February|
|1 March||15 March||16 March||22 March|
|5 April||19 April||20 April||26 April|
|3 May||17 May||18 May||24 May|
|7 June||21 June||22 June||28 June|
|5 July||19 July||20 July||26 July|
|9 August||23 August||24 August||30 August|
|6 September||20 September||21 September||27 September|
|4 October||18 October||19 October||25 October|
|8 November||22 November||23 November||29 November|
- The above submission closing dates for projects to be reviewed by the full HREC are final.
- Applicants will usually receive a formal response within 10 business days of the HREC meeting.
- Applications for clinical audits, case studies and negligible/low risk studies may be submitted at any time for consideration for expedited review.