Our Biyamarr ma team, through leadership and collaboration, work to sustain a culturally safe organisation, empower Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander voices and maximise opportunities for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Biyamarr ma responsibilities are underpinned by the following Menzies strategic documents:
- Menzies 2021
- Menzies Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Strategy in final stage of approval
- Menzies Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) 2020 - 2022
- Integrating people, systems, and platforms to maximise opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leadership across the organisation
- Building and maintaining relationships, both internally and externally
- Working in partnership with Aboriginal communities and Aboriginal community-controlled sector to advocate for research priorities
- Strengthening our community engagement work using a community development approach
- Playing a key role in developing, implementing, monitoring, reporting and evaluating of organisational strategies that relate to:
- Growing our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce through our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Strategy
- Menzies Innovate RAP 2020 - 2022
- Ensure a safe environment where people can share and participate in the co-creation of knowledge.