Associate Professor Federica Barzi
Senior Research Fellow in Biostatistics
Doctor of Philosophy (Epidemiology and Biostatistics), University of Sydney, 2004; Bachelor of Statistical Sciences, University of Padova, Italy, 1998
Approved level of HDR supervision at Charles Darwin University:
Associate Supervisor for PhD
Federica is a senior biostatistician for the Wellbeing and Preventable Chronic Disease division.
Prior to joining Menzies in April 2014, she was a Senior Research Fellow in Biostatistics at the George Institute for Global Health. She was awarded a PhD in Epidemiology and Biostatistics from Sydney University in 2004 and has a BSc degree in Statistics from the University of Padova, Italy.
- Jaenke, R.L., Barzi, F., McMahon, E., Webster, J., Brimblecombe, J. (2017) Consumer acceptance of reformulated food products: A systematic review and meta-analysis of salt-reduced foods. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition. 57(16):3357-3372
- Maple-Brown, L.J., Hughes, J.T., Ritte, R., Barzi, F., Hoy, W., Lawton, P.D., et al (2016) Progression of kidney disease in Indigenous Australians: The eGFR Follow-up Study. CJASN. 11(6):993-1004.
- Ranasinghe, I., Barzi, F., Brieger, D., Gallagher, M. (2015) Long term mortality following inter-hospital transfer for acute myocardial infarction. Heart.101(3): 1032-40
- Huxley, R.R., Barzi, F., Lam, T.H., Czernichow, S., Fang, X.,Welborn, T. (2011), Isolated low levels of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol are associated with an increased risk of coronary heart disease: Results from 220060 individuals from 37 studies in the Asia-Pacific region. Circulation. 124 (19): 2056-64.
- Batty, G.D., Barzi, F., Woodward, M., Jamrozik, K., Woo, J., Kim, H.C. et al (2010) Adult height and cancer mortality: The Asia Pacific Cohort Studies Collaboration. Annals of Oncology. 21(3): 646-54.
- Barzi, F., Woodward, M., Czernichow, S., Lee, C.M.Y., Heon Kang, J., Janus, E. et al (2010) The discrimination of dyslipidaemia using anthropometric measures in ethnically diverse populations of the Asia Pacific Region: The Obesity in Asia Collaboration. Obesity Reviews. 11(2): 127-36.
- Lee, C.M.Y., Barzi, F., Woodward, M., Batty, G.D., Giles, G.G., Wong, J.W. et al (2009) Adult height and the risks of cardiovascular disease and major causes of death in the Asia-Pacific region: 21,000 deaths in 510,000 men and women. International Journal of Epidemiology. 38(4):1060-71
- Barzi, F., Huxley, R., Jamrozik, K., Lam, T.H., Ueshima, H., Gu, D. et al (2008)Association of smoking and smoking cessation with major causes of mortality in the Asia-Pacific Region. The Asia Pacific Cohort Studies Collaboration. Tob Control.17: 166-72.
- Barzi, F., Woodward, M. (2004) Imputation of missing values in practice: results from imputation of serum cholesterol in 28 cohort studies. American Journal of Epidemiology.160: 34-45.
- Barzi, F., Woodward, M., Marfisi, R.M., Tavazzi, L., Tognoni, G., Valagussa, F. et al (2003) Mediterranean diet and all-causes mortality after myocardial infarction: results from the GISSI-Prevenzione trial. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 57: 604-11.