To celebrate 2019 being the International Year of Indigenous Languages, the Menzies Indigenous Capacity Building Unit (ICBU) was gifted the Larrakia name, Biyamarr ma, meaning Pandanus, by Larrakia Man Patj Patj, Janama, Robert Mills. To learn more about our Larrakia name, click here.
Our Biyamarr ma team, through leadership and collaboration, work to sustain a culturally safe organisation, empower Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander voices and maximise opportunities for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Biyamarr ma responsibilities are underpinned by the following Menzies strategic documents:
- Menzies 2021
- Menzies Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Strategy in final stage of approval
- Menzies Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) in final stage of approval
- Integrating people, systems, and platforms to maximise opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leadership across the organisation
- Building and maintaining relationships, both internally and externally
- Working in partnership with Aboriginal communities and Aboriginal community-controlled sector to advocate for research priorities
- Strengthening our community engagement work using a community development approach
- Playing a key role in developing, implementing, monitoring, reporting and evaluating of organisational strategies that relate to:
- Growing our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce through our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Strategy
- Menzies Innovate RAP
- Ensure a safe environment where people can share and participate in the co-creation of knowledge.
Associate Director of Aboriginal Programs
Division Leader Education and Research Support
Interim manager, Biyamarr ma
Project officer, Biyamarr ma
Program administrator, Biyamarr ma
Contact Biyamarr ma via email or phone (08) 8946 8441.