Ask the Specialist: Larrakia, Tiwi and Yolŋu stories to inspire better healthcare
Available on Spotify, Apple Podcasts and Google podcasts.
‘Ask the Specialist’ is a cultural education podcast which answers doctors’ questions about working with Aboriginal patients at Top End hospitals.
“The Specialists” are Larrakia Elder Bilawara Lee, Tiwi Elder Pirrawayingi Puruntatameri and Yolŋu leader Rarrtjiwuy Melanie Herdman.
Across seven episodes, questions range from the practical, “Is it okay to make eye contact?” to cultural safety issues, “I want to know what Aboriginal people feel like when we talk to them, what makes them think that we're racist?”
- Ask the Specialist: Larrakia, Tiwi and Yolŋu stories to inspire better healthcare
- Resource Type
- Date of release
- Vicki Kerrigan
- Stuart Yiwarr McGrath
- Bilawara Lee
- Pirrawayingi Puruntatameri
- Rarrtjiwuy Melanie Herdman
- Vicki’s PhD supervisors: Professor Anna Ralph, Professor Alan Cass, Dr Marita Hefler, Bilawara Lee
- Research Area
- Primary health care (click to see resources in this area)
- Health; cultural awareness; cultural safety; Aboriginal; Northern Territory
- Email us