Manager of Education and Training
Master of Tropical Health, University of Queensland, 1993; Graduate Diploma Nurse Education, University of New England, 1991; Bachelor of Arts, University of Sydney, 1989; Diploma of Midwifery, St Johnís Hospital (UK), 1987; Diploma of Nursing Registered Nurse, Royal Hobart Hospital, 1983.
Louise provides educational leadership for the Charles Darwin University (CDU) Public Health and Health Research postgraduate degree programs and oversees the administrative management of the Menzies cohort of CDU higher degree by research students. She has been a member of the CDU Learning and Teaching Committee since its commencement in 2011.
Louise began her career as a clinical nurse and midwife and merged into public health practice as her interest in Indigenous health expanded. She has worked at a senior level between education, health policy and research roles for over two decades in the Northern Territory (NT). NT Government health policy roles were spread across the strategic areas of Aboriginal health, chronic disease, remote health and health workforce.
Louise’s research interest is in improving evidence based practice in remote health service, particularly the transfer of research knowledge to remote area nurses and Aboriginal health workers. She is currently a PhD Candidate with the University of Adelaide. Her PhD is titled 'Exploring knowledge translation in Indigenous primary health care'.
- Exploring knowledge translation in Indigenous primary health care.
- Bailie, R., Damin, S., Connors, C., Weeramanthri, T., Clark, L., et al. (2008). Study Protocol: Audit and Best Practice for Chronic Diseases Extension (ABCDE) project. BMC Health Services Research, 8, 184.
- Clark, L.A. & Bettison, K. (2002). Connecting Youth: A Snapshot of Vocational Education by Indigenous Youth in Remote NT. Darwin, Menzies School of Health Research.
- CRC for Aboriginal and Tropical Health 2000, Technical refinement of the National Performance Indicators for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health. Darwin NT: CRCATH.
- Weeramanthri, T.S. & Clark, L. (1999). Chronic diseases. In J. Condon, G. Warman & L. Arnold (Eds.), The Health and Welfare of Territorians (pp. 97-105). Darwin NT: Territory Health Services.