Australian Research Council Linkage project, with contributions from partner organisations:
- NT Government
- Foundation for Alcohol Research and Education (FARE)
- Aboriginal Medical Services Alliance Northern Territory
- NT Primary Health Network
- Central Australian Aboriginal Congress Aboriginal Corporation (CAAC).
- Professor Peter Miller -Deakin University
- Professor James Smith, Menzies School of Health Research
- Dr Michael Livingston, La Trobe University
- Professor Steven Guthridge, Menzies School of Health Research
- Dr Carolyn White, NT Government
- A/Professor John Boffa, CAAC
- Professor Yin Paradies, Deakin University
- Professor Tanya Chikritzhs, Curtin University
- Professor Robin Room, Latrobe University
- Dr Richelle Mayshak, Deakin University
- Ms Le Smith, NT PHN
- Dr Matt Stevens, Menzies School of Health Research
- Mr John Paterson, AMSANT
- A/Professor James Ward, Flinders University
- Meredythe Crane, FARE
- Michael Thorn, FARE
- Dr Deborah Scott, Monash University
To investigate the impact of the re-introduction of the Banned Drinker Register in the Northern Territory, where rates of alcohol-related harm are more than twenty times that seen in other Australian states. This interdisciplinary team will use qualitative and quantitative methods across urban and remote locations to answer complex questions about policy impact.
This research involves four studies which combine quantitative and qualitative designs, along with methods that follow individuals as well as tracking changes in community-wide data sets.
Chief investigator and project manager:
- Professor Peter Miller, Deakin University
The project will run from 1 December 2019 to 1 December 2022.