Dr Daniel Lindsay
Research Fellow, Wellbeing & Preventable Chronic Diseases
PhD, James Cook University, 2016; BPsych (Hons), James Cook University, 2011
Daniel is a Research Fellow at Menzies, working on projects relating to the Targeted Approaches to Improve Cancer Services CRE grant. He is the project manager for an ARC Discovery project about supporting carers of Indigenous cancer patients (SOCS), as well as contributing to other bodies of research around cancer survivorship and patterns of care.
Daniel has extensive knowledge of quantitative research and statistical analysis, with a particular interest in working with administratively linked datasets focused on cancer-based outcomes. He also has some research experience with health economics and epidemiology.
- Supporting our Carers Study (SOCS)
- Understanding the experiences of cancer survivorship in Indigenous people
- Callander, E. J., Lindsay, D. B., & Scuffham, P. A. (2017). Employer benefits from an early intervention program for depression: A cost–benefit analysis. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 59(3), 246-249.
- Bates, N., Callander, E., Lindsay, D., & Watt, K. (2018). Labour force participation and the cost of lost productivity due to cancer in Australia. BMC Public Health, 18(1), 1-7.
- Bates, N., Callander, E., Lindsay, D., & Watt, K. (2018). CancerCostMod: a model of the healthcare expenditure, patient resource use, and patient co-payment costs for Australian cancer patients. Health economics review, 8(1), 28
- Callander, E. J., Fox, H., & Lindsay, D. (2019). Out-of-pocket healthcare expenditure in Australia: trends, inequalities and the impact on household living standards in a high-income country with a universal health care system. Health economics review, 9(1), 10.
- Callander, E., Bates, N., Lindsay, D., Larkins, S., Topp, S. M., Cunningham, J., ... & Garvey, G. (2019). Long-term out of pocket expenditure of people with cancer: comparing health service cost and use for indigenous and non-indigenous people with cancer in Australia. International journal for equity in health, 18(1), 32.
- Callander, E., Bates, N., Lindsay, D., Larkins, S., Preston, R., Topp, S. M., ... & Garvey, G. (2019). The patient co‐payment and opportunity costs of accessing healthcare for Indigenous Australians with cancer: A whole of population data linkage study. Asia‐Pacific Journal of Clinical Oncology, 15(6), 309-315.
- Callander, E., Sidebotham, M., Lindsay, D., & Gamble, J. (2020). The future of the Australian midwifery workforce–impacts of ageing and workforce exit on the number of registered midwives. Women and Birth.
- Bates, N., Callander, E., Lindsay, D., & Watt, K. (2020). Patient co-payments for women diagnosed with breast cancer in Australia. Supportive Care in Cancer, 28(5), 2217-2227.