The Master of Public Health offers you the opportunity to extend to an advanced level your public health skills in:
- understanding public health issues and strategies
- interpreting health information
- quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- evidence-based practice
- designing and evaluating public health interventions aimed at prevention, protection and promotion of health in the community.
The Master of Public Health will further develop your ability to apply your understanding of public health practice to health policy, health systems and healthcare decision making.
Unique features of the course include:
- learning from acclaimed research and public health experts
- the choice of specialist electives from any stream -
- public health practice
- Indigenous health
- global health
- the option of completing the program by undertaking a supervised research project.
2018 Modes of Study
Internal Mode- on offer at CDU Casuarina Campus for:
Semester 1 - PHM516 Indigenous Health, PHM552 Epidemiology, PHM592 Global Health ,
Semester 2 - PHM553 Biostatistics, PHM559 Health Policy, PHM588 Qualitative Research Methods
External Mode: (without intensives) for all PHM units delivered through Charles Darwin University’s online learning environment ‘Learnline’.
Please note that this course requires a high level of academic reading and writing. If you are not confident with your academic literacy skills, we encourage you to develop them prior to enrolling.
Click here for more details and to enrol in this course.
For more information, please contact the Menzies Education and Training Team: email.