- To develop a unique nutrition education program that integrates western and Indigenous knowledge systems and experience.
- To empower Indigenous people to more effective ways of communicating healthy eating and shopping messages
- To improve the health of people in remote Indigenous communities.
The focus of the project is bringing the Indigenous and western world views and food-related beliefs to build an education resource that is evidence-based, culturally appropriate, and meaningful to and inclusive of those who use it. The package will be designed for use in remote Indigenous communities and adaptable to local situations.
The project commenced in April 2012 and is set for completion in April 2014.
- The Fred Hollows Foundation
- Yalu’ Marnggithinyaraw Indigenous Corporation
Northern Territory Department of Health.